Monday, October 6, 2008

Home at last

Sunday evening we were finally able to bring our little girl home with us. It was much prefered to the arrangements of staying in the NICU any longer. In the NICU she was having about an episode a night were she was in such a deep sleep that she would forget to breathe and the nurses had to give her a little oxygen to bring her out of her little spells. That being case, they sent us home with oxygen and a moniter to watch her. The only part we don't like is they have to be on her at all times even though her episodes only seem to be happening between 12:30 and 2 am. On the bright side she didn't have any issues last night with her breathing but that might be due to the fact that she was awake during her favorite hours instead of asleep. However we are going to look at it possitively in that she is done with this whole mess and just waiting patiently for us to take her off the oxygen.

Here she is sporting her oxygen in her car seat ready to get out of Dodge.

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats! Mike and I are very happy for you. What a sweet little girl. Good luck with everything.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that she is well enough to be home! She is such a cute little girl! Congratulations!

Sandy Cove said...

She is really cute!!! I can't wait to meet her...Maybe we will see you guys over thanksgiving? We will be up in SLC for 3 days.

Jessica Madsen said...

She is such a little trooper! All of you are! I hope things are going smoothly for you now that she is home. I want to come see her soooo bad! Miley has been sick so we are keeping our distance. We do not want to chance anything with these tiny little ones. I do have some things for you though, so I might have to have Justin watch the babe so I can bring them by. Eden, do not worry about bringing back my dishes. I will come by and get them. Please call if you need anything, or just to chat. We love you guys!

Blake Jones said...

Hey you guys congrats! Zaida is adorable. She looks chubby already! That's great! I'm sure she'll be fine now that she's home. She probably wasn't very comfortable in the NICU and would rather be at home with mom and dad. Hope things continue to get better. She's adorable and lucky to have such fun parents! Hopefully we can meet her over Christmas break.

Thedailydansie said...

She is so cute! I just love her little chubby cheeks. How are you all doing? I like reading your posts they're so fun. I guess you guys are just funny. Good luck with the little one.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is such a cute little thing. I am so glad that you were finally able to bring her home.

Lorie Newbold

Doug and Marilyn said...

Glad you're home! She is so darling. Now you can just enjoy her all to yourselves. Hope she continues to do so well. Hope you are healing Eden!!

Jen said...

Oh, I'm so glad you finally have her home. Hope things continue to improve!

The "D.C." O's said...

Glad is at home with you guys. She is beautiful especially with the oxygen tubes.

big MAK said...

Your baby is adorable! Congratulations, we are glad that she is home now.
- Morgan & Katie Cox

J&J Binghameez said...

We've been thinking about you guys and your new little one. We hope everything is going good. She is so cute!

Unknown said...

Hey,
Just thought I'd let you know that I've decided to be paranoid and to make my blog private so if you choose, email me at spickett315@hotmail.com. Thanks!