Saturday, September 13, 2008

My sexy skull













It has been a few days now since the surgery and I must say that I am feeling pretty good. The pain meds that the doctor gave me made me sick to my stomach so I stopped taking them on Thursday night and luckly haven't had any real pain. I believe this is due to the fact that the softball crunching into my noggin also decided it should smash the nerve, so the left half of my forehead is numb. This is probably also the reason that I never realized that the thing was fractured. The doctor reattached some of the nerve endings while I was cut open so I should get the feeling back sometime. The second picture is a nice little image of my head looking down. on the right side of the picture is where the break is. The orbital was broke in about three places and the break also cause the sinus cavity to cave. There should be black signifying air behind the left eye (right side of picture) but there isn't.

This 3D scan of my skull I think is pretty cool. Not only does it show that under all that skin and tissue am I an extremely attractive skeleton, but it shows the break really well. They put a 4cm piece of mesh titanium on the bone secured on each side and then attached all the peices to it. The mesh is suppost to help the bone grow through and be stronger. That is about the jist of it as far as things go here. I will get the stiches out next Friday and hopefully it will be looking good for the arrival of the runt sometime around the 23rd.

5 comments:

Kyle and Amanda said...

Those pictures are crazy! But look at this way... your right side might not have allergies anymore. Runny nose only on the lety.

Good luck recovering. But we are still going to call you plate head!

Unknown said...

I like the picture of your skeleton. It is much more attractive than your face.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh!! That is quite the shiner; very impressive. Go big or go home, right? I almost gave up on your blog since it has been a while but I'm glad to see you guys are still at it. Adam, you'll have to call Casey when Eden goes into labor. It'd be sweet to be neighbors in the hospital! Fun times. We can see whose kid cries more. You may win by scaring her with that bruise.

Unknown said...

Adam,
That's disgusting.

Unknown said...

Oh! Can we call you Scully or Scarface?