Monday, September 29, 2008

She's here

After determining that she had to make a grand debut in life late, I am pleased to report that Zaida Fern Summers was born this morning weighing in at 8 lbs. 12 oz. As all of you should be interested to see what she looks like I will now post some pictures and then recall the events of last evening.









We weren't able to snap many pictures before the nurses deemed it necessary to take Zaida away to the NICU due to her lack of desire for oxygen. She didn't want to cry when she came out and thus didn't expel all of the juicy fluids she has been living in for the past 9 months. However the doctors aren't too concerned anymore and she shall be fine. Unfortunately these pictures don't show the beautiful long blonde locks on the top of her little noodle.
Now for the story.... Sunday early in the morning Eden thought that she had started to feel contractions. So to combat those she went about her regular activities for the day. We went to church, went and ate dinner with some friends, went on a walk, then at 7 I had to go on visits for the EQ. I came back at 8 and Eden informed me that we should start to get ready to go to the hospital. I wasn't sure that going to the hospital was yet necessary due to the fact that the contractions weren't that regular, of course, I had been gone for the last hour. We gave Eden something to eat and slowly got ready to go, at 8:30 however her water broke and I was then a firm believer that it was go time and kicked it in gear, throwing bags in the car and racing around like a crazy.
We got to the hospital about 9 and then waited until Zaida made her debut at 0453.

16 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations!! I've been looking for you guys to post something about this for the last little while. I'm sure you have too.
She's sweet and I'm glad she's arrived. Congratulations again!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Congrats! We're excited to see more picts of your beautiful baby girl!

Janice said...

She is beautiful, just like you said. Love, Mom and Dad Z.

Catlin said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope everything is going well! So sad that we aren't there to see her...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I, too, have been waiting to hear the news. Sorry you had to wait an extra week! She's here! She has such cute blond hair already. Must take after her mommy.

Doug and Marilyn said...

What a little doll! So glad to hear everything went great. I love that little name too...it's beautiful. Good luck with the sweetie and enjoy her!

Unknown said...

What a beauty! Congrats! We can't wait to meet her!

Jessica Madsen said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! I am jumping up and down!!! Eden, you look beautiful! You are such a trooper! I can't wait to see that gorgeous little baby!!! We are so happy for you as you know, and so happy she is finally here!

Casey said...

We are so happy for you two. Good luck with everything. It was so nice of you to come and see us while we were in the hospital. Hopefully your stay will be as nice as ours was. Getting home is where the real adventure begins.

Jen said...

YAY! Congrats! She looks so cute--and I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. Looks like everyone is happy and healthy! Best Wishes!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys...I can't wait to come and visit!

Dannelle said...

Congratulations! She looks so precious. We are so excited for you. Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful baby girl.

The "D.C." O's said...

congratulations. We are so excited for you. Kids are such a joy. Like I told the Maughans enjoy every stage because they grow and get older so fast! We look forward to seeing more pictures.

Kati said...

I am so excited for you guys!! She is so beautiful and I can't wait to see those beautiful locks you were mentioning!

J&J Binghameez said...

How exciting! We are so happy for you guys! Good to here things went well. Congratulations she is a cutie!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am so happy that I'm now a Godfather. I need to come see the little thing.